I have so much to be thankful for and I feel it necessary to write it all out, while its on my mind. For those who are hoping for a North Star post can skip this one, but hopefully this post gets you thinking about your own life and the many things we have to be thankful for.
- I will start with family. I just spent three days in Saskatoon with Julie, her parents, her brother, my father and a ton of aunts, uncles, cousins etc. Obviously Mom's absence was felt, but I am so grateful for the family I do have and the great memories we shared together over these past three days. I'm fifteen minutes out of the city and I already miss my Dad. I'm smiling ear-to-ear knowing that Mom was never too far away, and these past few days would have been right up her alley.
- I love that I get to spend my days with a great girl who always keeps me laughing, smiling and guessing. She knows me better than I know myself, and for that I am incredibly grateful. Julie, thank you and I love you.
- To my friends. I'm learning more and more that life isn't about WHAT you have, but who. I wish I could start naming names and bragging about all of you, but you all know who you are. My resolution for 2011 is to keep in better touch, and to those friends that I haven't reached yet, trust me - The call is coming.
- To my work-family at Rawlco Radio. You have helped me through the toughest year of my life and have done so with love and genuine care. Thanks for all of your hard-work, sacrifice and friendship. I am blessed to see you all on a daily-basis.
- To the Battlefords North Stars. To the players, coaches, Board of Directors, Volunteers, parents and fans who I see regularly - Thank you. I live the dream every time I call a game, and write a blog-entry. To all of you who have helped guide my career and have guide my progress, I am forever grateful. I would be a fool if I didn't also thank Martin Smith at Access 7 for the opportunity to further my career with the SJHL This Week and other broadcasts. I don't have the words to express my true appreciation to those who loyally watch the show. Also a big thumbs up To the SJHL for letting me host a weekly radio show. To my fellow SJ broadcasters, I consider you all friends and I always enjoy our conversations and hangouts. Thank you for all of your help, interviews and laughs.
- I am also thankful for many subtle things:
Physical fitness, World Junior Hockey tournaments, PS3, board games, golfing, road-trips, fantasy sports, all genres of music, the Vancouver Canucks and Giants, Toronto Blue Jays, Oregon Ducks, New York Giants, sports-talk radio, home-cooked meals, a good book, movies and coffee to name some.
I hope you all continue to make the most of your holiday. Be good to one another, and I'll see you around. Don't be a stranger.
CFL WEEK IN REVIEW
1 hour ago