Monday, November 3, 2008

The Long Trip Home

Make that Seven losses in a row.

THe bus is unusually silent. The scent of bad pizza fills the air, and the only light source on the bus are the 20 flickering cell-phones.. sending dissapointed text messages to parents, teammates and girlfriends.

Its hard not to feel dejected after another loss. The sound and quality of the broadcast obviously suffers when the team loses 6-2. I've always prided myself on being positive and reciting the team's efforts in a positive light, and I feel like I've accomplishedj ust that.. Yet I know full well that when I get home.. I'll be greated by a chorus of razzing, and bashing by those that simply don't know the full story..

They don't see that Josh Clare has a black eye for coming to the aid of his teammates. They don't see the comeraderie and dedication that the entire organization puts forward...

It's a 7 hour drive from Flin Flon to North Battleford, and although its only 10:00.. The bus is silent, and sleep is far away. All I can do is put the i-pod on and read my book.. Any sleep I do get on this bus will not be nearly enough.

Am I dissapointed? Yes. Disheartened? Yes.

Do I regret a single second?? Certainly not... The sun will rise again..

No comments: