Wednesday, February 18, 2009

One last stop in the Flon...

Last night the North Stars were better.

They still lost.

But they were better.

They fort-checked hard, made smart passes and the power-play did not have that "Cloverfield" feel to it.

The final was 3-1 for Nipawin. Brent Ottman scored the first two goals of the game; the first coming early in the first and the second coming early in the second. Did that make sense?

The Stars had a good first period. They skated well, created chances, but when it came to shooting the puck they had luck. They'd either shoot wide, hit a Nipawin defenceman, or they'd shoot directly into the goaltender's chest.

I don't even want to talk about the second period.

But the third period of last night's game may have been the best 20 minutes i've seen from the North Stars in a week. My heart goes out to forward Blake Peake. The guy has hit more goal post's in the past few weeks than Gordon Bombay (anybody ever watch Disney's Mighty Ducks?).

Today the team is off to Flin Flon at 1:30. I don't care what people around the SJ say - I love going to Flin Flon. The barn is loud, the history is undeniable and I always get color-commentary help from Rob Hart.

As for the matchup itself, this is another one of those games that doesn't matter on the surface, but means everything for the confidence.

A win tonight at the Whitney Forum would give the Stars a ton of confidence heading back to the Cage for Friday night.


A couple of personal thoughts before I go work out:

- I'm currently reading "Too Fat To Fish" by Artie Lange. It's excellent.

- Any Vancouver Canuck win is great, but when they beat Calgary I can't help but get really excited!


I wish I had more to say, but not a ton has changed since yesterday. More blogs equals less daily content perhaps?


Thanks for reading.

No comments: