Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The 2009 Canada Baseball Cup

The blogosphere has been painfully slow over the past few weeks, but all that means is that I have to take better intiative and blog about things that aren't neccessarily hockey-related.

Today I struck gold.

Those that know me, know that I love baseball "almost" as much as I love hockey. I've long been a student of the game, and many have even accused me of being "too American" because of this passion. Maybe it's only fitting that I received a phone call last week from Access Communications asking me if I'd be interested in doing the play-by-play for team Saskatchewan's games at the 2009 Canada Baseball Cup in Kindersley from August 5th - 9th.

This tournament showcases the very best ball players in Canada who are 17-years-old and under. Justin Morneau, Jason Bay, Eric Gagne, Jeff Francis, Russell Martin and Ryan Zimmerman are all players who have participated in this event over the years.

After many phone calls, I finally touched base with the Media Relations Director Lori Kelly (sp?) in Kindersley today, and she informed me that I'd be calling games on Thursday, Friday and Sunday.

The real kicker? I'm calling the Tournament championship game on Sunday at 7:30!

Click here for a complete schedule of games and times. I know for a fact that I'll also be calling the SK/PEI game on Thursday night, and the SK/AB game on Friday night. I also found out today that my pal from Wilkie, Joe Cey will be helping me call the action.

If you're looking for something to do, or somewhere to go next week, I urge you to come check out this event.

Game Tickets prices are as follows: Day Pass $10.00 or Week Pass $40.00 are now on sale. Out of town guests can pick tickets up at the gate.

Don't miss out on your chance to see Canada's future Big Leaguers duke it out in your own backyard!

I'll be updating the blog all throughout the event, and I'll start posting rosters in the days leading up to the tournament.

This is a huge thrill for me, and I'm thrilled to be given the opportunity to call ball!

No comments: