Monday, May 31, 2010

Monday Update (Sports Fix Preview)

Good afternoon. I hope you were all able to find fun in the midst of a rain-soaked weekend. The start of my week is always the busiest, and today is no exception.

Tonight's edition of the Co-Op Leisure Time Sports Fix is going to be jam-packed.

My first guest tonight will be the co-chair of the 2011 Provincial Men's Curling Championship committee Doug Fehr. The 2011 Tankard will be held February 2-6 at the North Battleford Civic Center, and Fehr will give us all of the details surrounding the event - Including details on how YOU can get involved from a volunteer or sponsorship basis. I'll also be asking Doug about the current state of curling in the Battlefords.

Guest number two will be a Sports Fix regular, Darryl Skender. Skender is the play-by-play voice of the Humboldt Broncos, Melfort Mustangs and Nipawin Hawks for CK750 and CJVR radio based out of Melfort. Skender will come on the show and he'll shed some light on the 2012 Royal Bank Cup which was recently awarded to the city of Humboldt. Skender has covered two of the past three R.B.C.'s with the Broncos and he definitely knows his stuff.

Finally I'll be speaking with the Director of Golf at the North Battleford Golf and Country Club, Dana Johnson. Johnson is another guest to the Sports Fix, and he'll come on to give the latest updates on the new irrigation system and current promotions at the Golf Course. The
crew at the N.B.G.and C.C. work hard on a daily basis to provide their patrons with a relaxed, enjoyable atmosphere and I am excited to bring you this interview.

----------------------------------------

On the North Star's front, Ken Pearson continues to travel the country scouting out talent for the upcoming season. June 1st is typically the day when teams start to announce their commitments for the upcoming season. I can't say for certain when Pearson will be making his announcements, but I'd expect some North Star news shortly.

As for the Golf Tournament on June 26th, we're still accepting applicants and teams. Go to www.northstars.ca or call 445-7827 (STAR) to submit your team. I look forward to this event every year, and even my Dad wants to get involved and play this year, I'm stoked!

----------------------------------------

On a personal note, I celebrated my 25th birthday last Tuesday, and I am taking Julie to Las Vegas on Saturday for a mini vacation of sorts. We'll be staying at the MGM Grand for three nights (June 5th - 8th) and maybe we'll strike it rich in the desert! If not, at least we'll get some time away together and a chance to re-charge the batteries a little
bit.

Keep checking back from time to time, and don't be a stranger!

- DO

No comments: