Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Tuesday Thoughts

Where do I even begin.

Last night's CO-OP Leisure Time Sports Fix was a ton of fun. My guests included: Rawlco Radio sports reporter Jamie Nye (Regina), Nashville Predators forward Wade Belak (North Battleford), and PGA Golfer Graham DaLaet (Weyburn).

Nye and I discussed the recent CFL draft and also dissected some of
the NHL playoffs, Belak provided some insight as to why he chose to resign with the 'Preds' rather than testing the free-agent waters, and DaLaet gave us a glimpse of what life on the PGA Tour is really like.

I greatly enjoyed all three interviews, and I say with the utmost honesty that I still get such a kick out of hosting the show each week.

--------------

I also had a chat with Battlefords North Star's assistant coach Blair
Atcheynum yesterday. The interview with 'Atch' will run next Monday night. Blair shed some light into the team's recruiting plans for this
off-season, and said many nice things about the community and the support that they provided for the team during this past season.

Rest assured that Ken Pearson and Blair Atcheynum have a plan in place, and are hell-bent on bring a championship banner back to the Battlefords.

----------------

Tonight the Dauphin Kings go head-to-head with the La Ronge Ice Wolves in a rematch from April's Anavet Cup series. The Wolves will no doubt be seeking a measure of revenge and would love to be the first team to hand Dauphin a loss at the R.B.C. By all accounts the action so far at the Royal Bank Cup has been dramatic and exciting. If you want some good R.B.C. coverage, check out the blogs from Bill Burfoot and Kevin Jeffery to the right of this one.

---------------

If you had told me that the Vancouver Canucks would split with the Chicago Blackhawks during the first two games of their division semi-final series I would have taken it, but I can't help but feel like
they let one slip away. The Canucks took an early 2-0 lead and then completely took their foot off the gas. The Sedins were invisible, Kevin Bieksa played his worse game as a pro player and the Chicago Blackhawks found their next gear and looked outstanding.

I can't say I'm shocked. Years of playoff failure have practically numbed me to this type of display. Here's hoping the Canucks can find their identity again and regain the series lead tomorrow.

---------------

Bill Lankhof wrote a very good piece in the Toronto Sun a few weeks ago about the Toronto Raptors and how they'll "Never Be a Winner" until something drastically changes within the organization. It's a very good read, and while I wouldn't classify myself as a Raptor fan or even a fan of the NBA for that matter - It is still well written and provides some
interesting perspective. Check out the article here:

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/comments/why-the-raptors-will-always-be-losers-355549.html

---------------

I would like to thank the many folks who have been praying for my Mom.

Today is the day when we learn more of the details and the extent of her cancer. Here's hoping that it's in an early stage, and can be eliminated quickly. To those who have sent e-mails and words of encouragement - I am very grateful and your friendship and support are greatly appreciated.

Expect more writing over the next few days and weeks.

No comments: