Monday, July 26, 2010

Back At It.

Good evening!

I can honestly say that this past weekend was the most emotional weekend of my life. Mom's Memorial took place on Friday, July 23rd. Roughly 200 people gathered to say their fairwells, and now comes the tricky part: Moving forward and coming to grips with the fact that Mom is gone.

Today was my first day of work since the 15th and thankfully it was a busy one. There was lots of local stuff to discuss, and I'm happy to report that after no show last week, the Sports Fix is back in action tonight!

Guest one will be the head coach and GM of the Larry Wintoneak. Wintoneak will shed some light on the offseason to this point, and he'll also share his thoughts on the struggles and trials of last season. I don't want to spoil it, but I'll simply say that Wintoneak had a heck of a season last year, and was tested and stretched in more ways than I or you could possibly understand.

Guest two is the head-coach and GM of the Melville Millionaires, Jamie Fiesel. It's the first time that coach Fiesel has been a guest on the show, and frankly I'm amazed that it's taken this long. Who knew that all I had to do was call him on his cell, I'd reach him at his cottage! My conversations with coach Fiesel have always been pleasant, and this one was no exception!

I talked to Ken Pearson this afternoon briefly, and he hinted that some North Star news is coming our way soon! When I find out - You'll find out!

Short and sweet tonight, but that's alright! At least I'm writing again. There have been lots of kind e-mails, notes and messages sent to me - All of which I am very grateful for. I confess that I've been slow to respond, but I'm going to fix that this week.

Once again I appreciate all of the well-wishes and support, and I look forward to our next visit!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you shed some light on what Jamie Fiesel had to say. It has been awfully quiet here in Melville regarding the hockey team other than the trade of Hereauf

Dan O'Connor said...

Well lets see:

- He wasn't overly satisfied with the three goalies they had last year, and that was his main reasoning for making the deal for Jaharus.

- Though it wasn't the initial intention, he classified last season as a rebuilding effort. He took some solace in the fact that even though they were rebuilding, they still managed to finish fourth.

- He raved about Austin Krahenbil (my fave Sherwood Conference D-MAN.) and talked about what a joy he was to coach.

- Happy to see Aaron DeCorby to win a title in La Ronge, and was happy to trade him to a contender.

- From a fan's perpective there is an 'in-grown' bate for the Yorkton Terriers from a Melville perspective and vice-versa. But the coaches and team personnel have a deep, profound respect for each other.

- He expects a strong season from both Estevan and Kindersley.

- He's excited to move into the new building in 2011-2012.


Hope that helps you out!