Thursday, July 8, 2010

Odds and Ends.

First off, I want to start by teasing next Monday's edition of the Co-Op Leisure Time Sports Fix. My first guest will be the head-coach and GM for the Humboldt Broncos, Dean Brockman. Brockman is a four-time SJHL Champ (three as a head-coach) and is someone who I hold in the highest regard. His resume speaks for itself, but he's one of the most approachable, honest coaches in the biz, and I'm excited for the interview to run on Monday night.

As for my other two guests: I'm still efforting, but the second I learn more, I'll let you know.

-------------------

Today I chose my 40 regular season North Star's games to broadcast. Once it's approved by the GM and the Sales Manager, I will post it on the blog and the North Star's website.


-------------------

I'm not a huge fan of the NBA as it is, but you can add me to the long list of sports fans who will NOT be cheering for the Miami Heat hence forth. I just hate how 'watered down' the NBA is. It's mid-July, and I can already assure you that (barring a major upset) next year's NBA Final will feature the Miami Heat and the LA Lakers. All other 28 teams need not apply.

-------------------

It is with great sadness and frustration that I report that the situation with my Mom has taken a further turn for the worse. It is to the point where she's told my Dad that she's "ready to go" and everytime the phone rings, my heart quivers knowing that she could be leaving us any day now.

I'm not bitter, and I've come to accept the fate that awaits. I humbly realize that I'm not the first, nor the last who has had to deal with such painful circumstances. Regardless of that, it doesn't make the ordeal any easier to deal with. I went home three weeks ago to say goodbye, and while I was able to find peace in those moments, I still wouldn't wish that type of situation on my worst enemy (If I had one). Not five minutes will go by without thinking about her, and wishing for her pain and suffering to end.

I'm sure as time goes by and her fate reveals itself, I will be writing more and doing my best to deal with the hand that's been dealt.

To those who have kept my Mom and our family in your prayers, thank you. This situation has been difficult, yet there have been positives as well. I have been blown away by the tremendous friendship and support displayed by my friends (both in Saskatchewan and elsewhere). I realize I have not been entirely diligent with my responses to all e-mails and messages, but I hope you can understand that it's nothing personal and my Dad and I have taken great comfort in all of your support.

Our Mom's are to be cherished and honored. When she calls you, make sure you take the time to catch up, and never pass up the opportunity for another hug. I say this because I would do anyting for just one more with mine. I'll keep you posted.

Enjoy your weekend everybody. Cheers,

DO

2 comments:

Darren Dupont said...

Dano... truly sorry to hear of your mom. Ever since I heard your mom has been in my prayers. I wish you guys the very best. I can't even begin to imagine what you are going through.

If you need a break just let me know, we can hit up a round of golf or maybe plan a weekend at Jackfish... Keep in touch and take care.

Ann said...

Hi Dan,

Extremely sorry to hear about your Mom. Remember the good times as I know you will. I am feeling your pain. My twin sister was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, Stage 4 a couple of months ago. It is a very aggresive cancer. Been spending as much time as I can with her. Difficult times a head. You take care. Sure miss your broadcasting Dan!

Shelly Andersen (son of Ryan Andersen)