Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Some Quick Hits.

Good evening,

First and foremost I want to thank so many of you for the birthday wishes. It's incredibly humbling, and I am sitting here extremely grateful for all of the Birthday Love. I've got a great feeling about this year, and I wanted to recognize those who helped make today a solid day!

---

The Battlefords North Stars and Vernon Vipers have come to terms on a deal. The specifics of the deal cannot be announced until the league has approved the deal. Check the blog and my twitter account for the latest details as they become available.

---

Former North Star's forward Josh Daley has signed with Penn State to play collegiate hockey. Here's an exerpt from the e-mail I received today from Josh Daley's grandpa.

Hey, Dan-o, just wanted to let you know that Josh Daley has committed to Penn State. Although the school is Division III now and will be for next year, they will move to the Big 10 and play Division I in 2012-13. He is very excited about the signing.

I think it's great news regarding Daley. He's a nice kid, and is capable of doing great things. North Star Nation wishes Josh all of the best as he continues with his hockey aspirations.

---

That's all I've got for you tonight. Thanks for checking in, and I'll do my best to keep the updates coming a little more frequently. Again, something I've always struggled with is the notion of blogging about things that I'm not DIRECTLY involved with. I'm happy to share my thoughts and opinions about the NHL Playoffs, and other Junior Hockey headlines as well! I guess you just gotta catch me on the right day.

Goodnight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dan, according to the Vernon Vipers blog, Blake Voth is the newest north star....

http://vipersdiehardfan.blogspot.com/2011/05/vipers-deal-fitzgerald-to-prince-george.html