Thursday, May 24, 2012

Cougars Sign Zach Pochiro


The Prince George Cougars have signed 1994-born forward Zach Pochiro (Las Vegas, NV) to a standard Western Hockey League contract.

Pochiro (6’2”, 162 pounds) spent last season with the Wichita Falls Wildcats of the North American Hockey League. He scored 18 goals and added 16 assists to go along with 154 penalty minutes in 52 games last season.

“I want to keep excelling and progressing in my hockey career and maybe someday be in the NHL,” said Pochiro. “I feel that Prince George can help get me there.”

Pochiro prides himself on his all-around ability. “I don’t mind going to the rough areas,” said Pochiro who says he tries to model his game after long-time Maple Leaf’s captain Mats Sundin. “I also feel like I have a knack for scoring goals.”

Prince George Cougars General Manager Dallas Thompson adds, “We are excited to add Zach and his gritty style of play to our line up.”

In his final season of Midget, he recorded 34 points in 31 games with the Los Angeles Jr. Kings during the 2010-2011 season.




No comments: