Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Owsley Commits to St. Francis Xavier

The 2011-2012 Most Valuable Player for the Prince George Cougars will be continuing his hockey career out East in 2012-2013. Goaltender Drew Owsley has committed to St. Francis Xavier University in Antigonish, Nova Scotia and will suit up for the X-Men come the fall. 

“Hockey is a big out there, which was very appealing to me,” said Drew Owsley who plans to study business. “I think going out East should give me the best opportunity to get some kind of pro deal after I get my degree.” 

Drew Owsley was 22-38-0-1 for the Cougars during his 20-year-old campaign. He finished with a goals against average of 3.26 and a save percentage of .902. He also recorded three shutouts during the season. 

Though Owsley only spent one season with the Cougars, he has many fond memories from his time in Prince George.  “I just want to thank the Cougars organization for a great 20-year-old season,” said Owsley. “I’m pumped to see what good things are going to come from that young group of players in P.G.”

No comments: