Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Stars and Sharks Team Up for Charity.

For the fourth straight year, the Battlefords North Stars and Battlefords Midget AAA Sharks will be teaming up tonight for a mixed charity hockey game at the Battleford Arena.

The purpose of this game (as always) is to raise awareness of hunger in our area. Fans are encouraged to bring non-perrishable canned food items to the game, and as long as they do so, they'll be able to watch for free.

Even if you can't make it for the whole game, your food donations are certainly welcome.

The puck will drop tonight at around 6:00 p.m. at the Battleford Arena.

--------------------

Check the blog later this afternoon for the North Star's 'Report Card' for the halfway point of the season. It will most likely be one of the most in depth piece I've written about the team this season so far.

Tonight I'm going to do my best to be at two places at once. I will be at the Charity Game but will not be playing this evening because I also committed to attend the N.B. Comp Viking's Football Awards Banquet.

Selfishly I'd love to play in the game, but I can't back out of a commitment, particularly if it pertains to my job as Sports Director at the radio stations. That and my gear is in serious need of an upgrade.

More later. Please enjoy your Tuesday!

No comments: