Monday, December 28, 2009

So a Funny Thing Happened Today...

I fell off the treadmill at the gym this afternoon. Holy was it embarrassing. I was running at a 6.3 speed, with a '3' elevation, and was 17 minutes into my 25 minute run when I went to switch the song on my i-pod. I lost my footing, and fell face-first onto the ground.

Chin? Scraped.

Both knees? Shredded to hell.

Burns on both arms? Abso-freaking-lutely!

Full gym to witness this hilarity? Mmmhmmm.

And to ice the cake, I knew four people in the gym at the time. A few of them ran to my aid when I fell, and in hindsight it could have been worse - yet I'm still embarrassed.

At least I swallowed my pride and finished my run.

I promise to contribute something more sporty tomorrow. But something that embarassing is too funny not to share.

Hope you had a great holiday. I am counting the days til Kindersley. January 3rd and the home-stretch of the season begins.

Beware of those treadmills,


DO

No comments: