Thursday, December 10, 2009

Stars Kick Off a Three-Game Homestand Tomorrow Night.

There's no place like home for the Battlefords North Star's right now. After five games in six nights (five of which were on the road) I'm sure the team, coaches, trainers and broadcaster(s) are pleased to have some home-time.

Last night's game in Melfort was a difficult one in many respects. It's tough to get up for your fifth game in six nights, only to have it become one of those games that had little to no flow.

In this broadcaster's opinion, half of the penalties called last night were 'chinsy' at best, and at the same time there were many calls (on both sides) that were blatantly ignored. That's all I'm going to say about that.

Even though the Stars are coming home for their final three games before the break, none are going to be the least bit easy.

Weyburn, Nipawin, and Flin Flon. Yikes! I hope the North Stars have enough left in the tank for three hard-fought games, because something tells me that when all is said and done, we're going to have some exhausted North Star's on our hands.

Tomorrow night's matchup with Weyburn should be intriguing. The Red Wings have the best record in the SJHL, yet they're 0-1-0-1 against the North Stars this year. The last time these two teams played each other, the North Stars pervailed in a shootout on October 24th.

I'll provide a full-scale preview of the match-up tomorrow, and judging from the conversations I've had recently with fans, I'm anticipating a busy crowd on Friday night.

I look forward to joining Weyburn's Kevin Smith in the broadcast booth tomorrow night and providing some color for AM 1190. Kevin has always lended his services to me whenever I'm down South, and he and his pals always make sure I've got a place to hang out afterwards. He can anticipate the same thing tomorrow night.

See you at the Civic Center tomorrow night!

No comments: