Sunday, August 30, 2009

North Stars Black and White Game Recap...

Today was a bittersweet day!

The Annual Battlefords North Stars Black and White game was a tremendous success. Team White (coached by Trent Cey) defeated Team Black (coached by me) 10-9 in Overtime.

I'm not going to make excuses, and I will own up to my end of the bargain and give Trent his case of Coors Light, but I think the fans in the audience knew who coached their team better! I'm kdding.

The fan support was excellent too! The obvation that the players received at the end of the game was outstanding. I'm so pleased at the turnout, and I hope they keep it up.

I was really pleased with the overall tempo and effort put forth by the players in the game. Both teams had their share of studs, and I feel it neccessary to name names.

Team Black:


Josh Daley scored three goals, and probably could have scored two more.

Blake Peake showed a tremendous amount of confidence, and scored a beautiful goal.

Newcomers Ward Suzcki, Devon Spiess and Ben Morgan all contributed nicely.

Ryan Toporowski won a ton of faceoffs.

And defensively the efforts of Jesse Lebreton and Dusty Iron certainly did not go unnoticed.

And I must commend Captain Mitch Wall for his spirited fight with Tony Oak.


Team White:

Colton Graf scored the last three goals for Team White, and was easily their best offensive threat.

Blake Tatchell and Alex Leclerc were effective everytime they took to the ice, and Ryan Anderson showed off his speed, and some neat offensive ability with a great goal in the second period.

Skyler Dunser and Boyd Wakelin did a lot of good things at both ends of the ice, and Troy Watt was his usual pesky shot-blocking self.

I gotta give big ups to Tony Oak for his tilt with Wallsy.

Defensively Brody Malek and Coleman Brodbin worked well together.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Now the younger players will need to get rested up for the first pre-season game of the new campaign. The Kindersley Klippers are in town tomorrow night at 7:30.

See you at the rink!

Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

Craig Stein said...

Don't sweat it... I lost 7-0!