Thursday, August 12, 2010

Thursday Thoughts

Good morning.

I am back from vacation, and read to rock. It may sound strange, but I am elated to be back, knowing full well that hockey season will soon be upon us. Don't get me wrong, I love the summer - But once the fall strikes, I'm back in my element and at my happiest.

-----------------------------

Battlefords North Stars season-tickets are on sale now. Adult tickets are $239, Students are $145 and a children's pass is $100. This may seemed biased, but I defy anybody to find 'better value' anywhere else in the area. The Stars front-office has worked tirelessly over the last handful of years to improve the game-day presentation for the fan, and given how promising this season appears to be, you won't want to miss out.

-----------------------------

The 2010/2011 Broadcasting Schedule is posted below this entry. I apologize for the delay in posting it, but it's up now, and we can begin the analysis. Is there a particular game or section of the schedule that you're especially looking forward to?

-----------------------------

A former Battlefords North Star has been rewarded for his strong play at the NHL level.

Defenceman Jordan Hendry has resigned with the Chicago Blackhawks for another year. The 26-year-old recorded eight points for the Blackhawks. In 43 games last season, and also dressed in 15 playoff games during their run to the Stanley Cup.

Hendry has been a three-time guest on the Co-Op Leisure Time Sports Fix.

----------------------------

I want to thank Yorkton Terrier's Head-Coach and Associate GM Trent
Cassan for taking the time to come on the Co-Op Leisure Time Sports Fix on Monday. It was the first time I've had him on the program, but it won't be the last. Cassan led the Terriers on a tremendous run to the SJHL Finals, and it'll be interesting to see how the Sherwood Conference plays out this season. It's always hard to analyze teams on paper, but I feel like the Sherwood (one through six) may be the stronger division this season.

-----------------------------

That's all for now, but don't be surprised if you get another entry from me later today. I know for a fact that coach Ken Pearson has some 'irons in the fire' and there could be a player announcement on the blog before the week ends.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: