Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Olympic Torch Passes Through North Battleford.

Tuesday afternoon, thousands gathered throughout the Battlefords to watch the 2010 Olympic Flame pass through. I had the privilege of watching the festivities go down from the Civic Center on 'Media Row.'

I could tell you about it, but I think I'd rather show you.

***All photos taken by Julie Larson except the first one***



Julie with one of the mascots!



Fiona Smith-Bell's family is out in full support.



Some Really Cool Stage Art.



Fiona Lights the Cauldron!



The Relay Continues!

------------------------------------------------

I've been fighting a cold all day, and initially I wasn't too stoked on the idea of being out in the cold for a few hours this afternoon - But after witnessing the festivities, I came away totally wowed, totally impressed and really fired up for the upcoming Olympics.

Did you take in the event? What did you think?

No comments: