Saturday, November 21, 2009

It Just Feels Right

It feels so good to be back at the rink. The past two days were full of celebration, rememberance and family. It's safe to say that my grandpa got a fantastic send-off.

Right now I'm blogging from the broadcast booth in Humboldt. I drove from Saskatoon to get here, and managed to arrive with plenty of time to spare.

I confess that I'm mentally drained given the events of yesterday, but stepping into the Elgar Peterson Arena has given me all of the energy and excitement that I'll need and I can't wait to see how tonight's game unfolds.

Once more, I'd like to thank everybody (parents, players, coaching staff etc.) For their kind words.

----------------

The Battlefords North Stars beat Estevan last night 5-3. Ken Pearson was rather pleased with the effort of his team, and after a slow start to November, the Stars have won three straight games and are alone in second place.

Tonight they face a Humboldt squad that is playing some good hockey. They were down in Melville earlier this week and grabbed an important two-points. Dean Brockman's team only trails the Stars by six points in the Bauer standings and are likely going to come out strong in front of their home fans tonight.

After Flin Flon's 12-1 win in Weyburn last night, I'm thinking that both teams featured in Humboldt tonight would like to send a return message to Flin Flon saying; "We can do that too!"

My broadcasting intuition suggests that overtime might be in the cards tonight. Just a hunch!

Anyway, that's all for now. Ill be blogging up a storm tomorrow night. Hope you can catch some of the broadcast tonight.

Oh, and one last 'shout-out' to Dean in Humboldt who introduced himself to me earlier tonight. He's a scout for the Broncos who enjoys reading this blog. I look forward to our next visit.

No comments: