Thursday, November 5, 2009

Stars Coach Ken Pearson Suspended Two-Games.

The Battlefords North Stars will be taking the ice on Friday and Sunday without their head-coach at the helm. The SJHL has suspended Ken Pearson for two games after he received a gross misconduct penalty Wednesday night in Nipawin.

This means that Assistant Coaches Blair Atcheynum and Gregg Sheppard will lead the Stars into battle tomorrow when they welcome the Kindersley Klippers.

-----------------------------------------------

After going 8-3-1-0 in October, the North Stars have sputtered out the gate in November, dropping their first two games to La Ronge and Nipawin.

Coach Pearson says that the two losses weren't a result of poor effort. Simply put, there were bad bounces on Tuesday, and Wednesday's result was due to penalties.

Luckily the Stars get to return home, to a place where they are 8-0.

The Kindersley Klippers are no slouch though. They've won their last four games, and are making a ton of noise in the Sherwood Conference right now.

Everytime the Stars face the Klippers, fans can expect a battle, and I for one hope that the Civic Center is packed on Friday night.

----------------------------------------------------

My apologies for the lack of coverage over the past three days. I've been battling some type of virus since Monday, and I've had little to no energy over the past couple of days.

When I got back from the road trip, I slept from 2 am until 5 pm today. I'm feeling a lot better now, but I'm not 100 percent. Cudos to Julie for looking after me! I've been enjoying a steady diet of chicken noodle soup and tea tonight.

Tomorrow I'll write up a preview of the Kindersley game. I'm looking forward to seeing everybody back at the Civic Center. Hopefully the home unbeaten streak continues.

Goodnight!

No comments: