Friday, October 8, 2010

Friday Morning Thoughts

It's another game-day for the Battlefords North Stars. Tonight they'll welcome the defending SJHL Champion La Ronge Ice Wolves. It'll be the first time these rivals have played each other since the Wolves eliminated the North Star's from the Bauer Conference Final in late March of 2010.

The Stars have dropped seven in a row to start the season while La Ronge has only played three times. Would a victory against the defending champions be enough of a confidence booster to help turn this ship around?

----

As a writer it is always gratifying to receive feedback and comments on the blog. Some are positive, some the polar opposite - Either way I'm thrilled with the traffic that this blog is receiving, and I appreciate all of your comments and insight. Without you, there is no blog.

A lot of folks lately have asked me for my direct opinions surrounding the Star's struggles. I've received lots of e-mails, text messages, and even phone calls from people requesting my thoughts on the Daley trade, special teams, and goaltending. I've responded with as much honesty, optimism and integrity as possible. I'm always happy to talk about the team with anybody interested win or lose, I am the voice of the Battlefords North Stars and I take a lot of pride in that.

If fans want to use this blog to voice their displeasure over coaching, specific players and decisions - That's fine. I certainly don't want to condone negative comments, but it's inevitable that life will not always be 'peachy' and that certain players and decisions will come into question as time goes on. As long as your comments have some substance, they will not get deleted. What I will not tolerate are those who are simply using this website to insult members of the organization or fellow posters. So far, so good - But I'm just saying.

For those who want me to publish my opinions and frustrations - Please understand why I often refrain from doing so. I deal with the players and coaching staff of the Stars on a day-to-day basis and I greatly enjoy doing so. I have no intention of jeopardizing my relationship with the organization or the players over a blog-post written out of angst and spite.

I am here to observe, report and hopefully provide a source of entertainment for Star's fans, parents, volunteers and players who read the blog. I'm not a GM, and I won't be the one demanding that 'so-and-so gets traded' or that 'so-and so gets cut.'

---

I'll post my game preview later on this afternoon. There may be some more Stars news to add as well.

Have a great Friday, and we'll see you at the rink tonight. If not, don't miss the broadcast. I'm on the air starting at 7:15 on CJNB/CJNS
or cjnb.com

1 comment:

Gary said...

Is Torey Stott joining the Stars