Saturday, October 22, 2011

Back At It.

After a whirl-wind couple of days, I have safely touched down in Prince George, and with great excitement I can say that I'll be back in the broadcast booth for tonight's tilt between the Prince George Cougars and Tri City Americans.

Missing broadcasts is never fun, but in this instance I had to attend a family funeral in Fort Frances, ONT, and when it comes to family, you do what you have to do. I sincerely thank the Prince George Cougars organization for their empathy and understanding as well. Without their grace and strong values, chances are I wouldn't have been able to join my family for my Grandma's memorial.

I also want to take a quick moment to thank the broadcast team of Allan Bristowe and Brent Arsenault for taking over admirably last night. Allan agreed to fill in without complaint and in my opinion called a great game. Brent's color was strong also. On behalf of myself and my entire family - Thanks guys!

While I'm at it, I want to thank the management at 99.3 The Drive for understanding the situation and allowing Friday's broadcast to move forward in the way that it did.

To my fellow staff within the Cougars organization. Thank you for taking on some added responsibility during my brief absence. I'm so grateful for your efforts, and just know that I appreciate your help and your support as well.

I also want to take a quick moment to thank those of who have sent me messages with their condolences. Losing a family member is never easy, and unfortunately I've lost three in the past two years, so here's hoping that this trend stops right now. I appreciate your messages more than you know, and it helps to be surrounded by such caring and supporting people both in Prince George and elsewhere.

Having watched most of last night's game, I definitely saw some positives from the Cougars, and hopefully tonight is the night that they can find some offense. It's jersey night at CN Centre, so here's hoping that a lively group of fans can help push the Cats onward to victory.

We'll chat at you tonight!

Thanks again to everybody.

DO

No comments: