Friday, October 30, 2009

Dane Muench Leaves the Broncos.




From Jon Keen's Blog (Voice of the Swift Current Broncos)

Swift Current, SK---The Swift Current Broncos have parted ways with 17 year old forward Dane Muench.


The decision is a mutual one between the organization and Muench, citing personal reasons. At this point it is undetermined where or if Muench will continue to play hockey.

----------------------------------------------------

I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels that if Dane were to return to the North Stars, they immediately become a championship contender. Heck, I think they're a championship contender right now, as it is.

The only thing I can tell you with 100 % certainty is that Ken Pearson and Dane Muench have spoken on the phone. What was said? I don't know. I don't know how long they spoke for, I don't know who called who. All I know is that a conversation took place earlier today.

That's it, that's all. I promise you I'll update you on the situation the second I find out more details.

I'm doing my best not to get my hopes up, and I guess time will tell.

Chew on that for a night why don't you!


---------------------------------------------

As for the future of Kory Kimpinski and Kyle Hamm, again I'm sorry to say that there is nothing new to report. I can tell you for certain that there have been offers exchanged, and that Ken has been in discussion with a GM or two, but as for specifics, again he's been holding his cards very close to his chest.


---------------------------------------------

Mike Rey's arrival in Flin Flon started with a victory tonight. The Bombers crushed the Notre Dame Hounds, yet Rey only managed one assist in his Bomber debut.

Ryan Kerpan played amazing for Nipawin in his debut, but couldn't get any offence. Nipawin lost 1-0 in OT to Weyburn, and Kerpan made 40 saves.


--------------------------------------------

I can't wait for tomorrow night. The girlfriend and I are hosting a Halloween Party, and I'm especially excited for my costume. I may post a photo or two if all goes well!


I will hopefully have some new information regarding the Kimpinski/Hamm trade, and Dane Muench tomorrow in the afternoon.

Until then, stay classy North Star Nation. I can't wait to get back into the broadcast booth on November 2.

Happy Halloween.

No comments: