Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Sports Fix Recap, Announcements, etc.

Last night on the Co-Op Leisure Time Sports Fix, I spoke with North Stars forward Brett Miller.

As you well know, Miller has been lighting it up for the past number of weeks, and leads the team in goals (8) and points (15).

The interview lasted nearly 14 minutes, and I feel like the interview went really well. I have since chopped up the interview into three parts, and I am going to try and learn how to upload audio on the blog tonight.

In speaking with some fellow bloggers, I'm told that this task can be quite difficult, but I'm devoting my entire evening to figuring it all out. If I hit a glitch, I will let you know - if not, you can expect to see my three-part interview with Brett Miller on the blog later tonight.

-----------------------------------------------

For those that aren't aware, Puck N Funny is coming to the Battlefords again. The date is January 29th, 2010 and tickets are available at the North Star's souvenir booth.

If you have never attended a Puck N Funny event before, I warn you in advance that you will laugh yourself stupid! It's a tremendous fundraising opportunity, and it gets you out of the house in late January!

You can find more details about price, and location
here.

----------------------------------------------

The past two weeks have felt rather slow.

It's rare that the North Stars would go two straight weeks with no weeknight games. I guess you can look at it two ways:

1) The team is kicking butt right now, and it would be great to keep the games coming so that more fans can get on board.

2) The fact that the games are on weekends means that more fans will attend, and that absense is making the heart grow fonder.


---------------------------------------------

Now for some sad news. The CJNB broadcast that was originally slated for Oct. 28th has been cancelled. There is a CIVIC Election taking place that night, and CJNB will be providing regular election updates that would otherwise interfere with a hockey game.

WE felt that it would be best to change the broadcast date to help provide citizens with more transparent coverage!

The October 28th broadcast against Humboldt has been switched to November 6th, when the Kindersley Klippers will be in town.

Don't let that stop you from coming out to the game on Wednesday the 28th though. It's the perfect setup really, you go out and vote, then come to the Civic Center to watch the Stars/Broncos Part 3!

Harry Michael Dekker had a great idea earlier this morning. He said (jokingly of course) that they should set up ballot boxes at the Civic Center, that way they'd get more voters.

It's actually not a bad idea, as long as no Humboldt fans try to mess up our election! I'm kidding of course.

-----------------------------------------------

Tomorrow and Thursday, I'll be accompanying several members of the team to Lawrence School to help with "READING WEEK."

Tomorrow, some of the boys are going to read to the younger children.

Thursday, the fellas and I be playing floor hockey all afternoon with the older kids. Don't you worry, I'll be posting a lot of pictures, and I'm really looking to this team interaction.

For those parents with kids at Lawrence School, tell your kids to be on their best behaviour, and they might come home with some prizes from the North Stars!

----------------------------------------------

Yesterday was the WORST DAY EVER for me from a sports fan perspective.

The Canucks, Dodgers, Yankees and Chargers all lost their games.

The Chargers loss hurt the most, because it cost me 10$. Anytime I lose a bet to Matt Ryan, it's going to be an extra tough pill to swallow. However, I'll be able to redeem myself if the stinkin' Argonauts can win one more game.

Shut up. It could happen!

Right?

---------------------------------------------

More blogging tonight. I hope the audio loads the way it's supposed too. It was a really great interview with Brett and I want you all to hear it.

Cheers,

DO

No comments: