Thursday, October 22, 2009

North Stars Help With "Reading Week" at Lawrence School

Even though there have been no games played since Saturday, it has been a busy week for the North Stars.

Yesterday afternoon, I had the pleasure of attending Lawrence School with North Star forwards Ward Szucki and Josh Daley.

Daley and Szucki took turns dancing, reading, and high-fiving the youngsters in Grades: Kindergarten, Grade 1,2 and 3.

Both Daley and Szucki were total class acts, and I was so proud of the guys for representing the organization the way that they did. I'm sure Szucki isn't going to be thrilled with me, but I took some great photos of the event, and they'll be posted to the website and the blog before the end of the week.

If you see Ward Szucki around town, you have to tell him that he's a great dancer!

-----------------------------------------

This afternoon, there are several other North Stars at Lawrence School playing Floor Hockey with the Grade 8's and Grade 6's.

Nathan Tomac, Kyle Birch, Graham Hilldebrand, Blake Peake, Cody Folstad and Brody Malek were all on hand, and put their skills on display.

It was really weird seeing Graham and Kyle playing hockey without goalie pads.

They even invited me to join their team, and I set up Malek for a great goal on our last shift. Other than that, I was held off the score sheet.

More photos were taken of this event, and I'll be posting them soon. I promise.

-----------------------------------------

Other than that, I've just been busy getting things organized for tomorrow night. It's an important game for the North Stars as they'll need to win to hold on to first place in the Bauer Conference.

I'll have a whole preview up on the blog by tomorrow afternoon.


Cheers!

- Dano

No comments: