Monday, October 26, 2009

The Latest on the Trade, and Hilldebrand..

Here is what I know:

Ken Pearson has told both Hamm and Kimpinski to sleep on it for a night. Through text message I asked Ken whether he was encouraged by his discussions and his response was a simple "yes."

Hey, it's better than the 'nothing' that we got from Koltyn Miller.

I've been pondering this trade all night, and the more I think about it, the more exciting this all becomes.

The Stars have a chance to add a top-line forward and a top four defenceman to a team that is already sitting in first place. The addition of Hamm and Kimpinski would give the Stars 25 players, and they wouldn't even have to dwindle their roster down.

If I'm Hamm and Kimpinski, this is a no-brainer for me. But as we've seen before, there are always uncertainties and complications that you or I know nothing about. Either way, Ken Pearson deserves mad cudos for attempting to pull this off.

Hopefully the Stars have two new players in their lineup on Wednesday night.

---------------------------------------------

The news on Graham Hilldebrand isn't good.

Turns out he'll be sidelined between 2-4 weeks with an injury to his knee.

If he were a forward or a d-man, he could put a brace on and play. Being a goaltender though makes things a little tougher.

Ken's got a tough task ahead of him, knowing that any goaltender that he brings in will likely be a quick-fix and nothing more.

Imagine being a goaltender and getting a call that says, "Hey! We need you for a month, and if you play amazing, you might just stick."

Two names that come to my mind:

Spencer Laycock
Coleman Young

Both are playing Junior B right now, and from what I understand, both are eligable to play in the SJ with the North Stars should they be interested.

Keep in mind, that all I'm doing here is spouting off ideas. I have no inside knowledge on who or what Ken is pursuing here.

The next 24 hours should be extremely interesting. Hang in there North Star Nation!

No comments: