Sunday, February 14, 2010

Stars Drop Their Third Straight, Bombers Clinch First.

For those who weren't at the game or for those who didn't listen on the radio, here is the skinny on what went down last night.

Flin Flon scores three goals on the man-advantage en-route to a 5-2 win. The game had numerous fights. The game was delayed at least two seperate times due to questionable behavior from fans.At the end of the night, things got a little wild.

I've been debating in my own mind for the past four hours whether or not to share my personal account and opinions of the events which took place afterwards. Frankly I'm still undecided. I'll sleep on it, and I'll most likely share my thoughts on the matter later today.

From a hockey perspective, I thought the Stars were beaten twice by a good Flin Flon team who took advantage of their opportunities and showed what maybe they are truely capable of. For that I commend them.

As for the Stars? They'll be just fine. They're ending their season with three games at home and one other in Kindersley. Mathematically the Stars can clinch second place with either two wins, or two losses from the Melfort Mustangs.

I know that some fans will likely see the results of this weekend and will continue to doubt this teams validity as a contender. But anybody who is still left that is still questioning Ken Pearson's club right now needs to give their head a shake.

This team has come so far in the past two seasons, and it'll take more than two losses in Flin Flon to deter them from their pursuit of the ultimate prize.

So for the die-hards of North Star Nation, consider this weekend's result a minor 'speed-bump' en-route to a promising future.

More later, I promise. .


DO

2 comments:

Saskgolf said...

Why didnt Hildy play on Saturday night. I think other then his last game has been the better goalie since xmas

sm123 said...

well I think both goaltenders seem to be capable, lets not forget when birch gets hot he is one of the best in the sjhl. I think it may be a matter of the stars clamping down in their own end and not always playing a run and gun type of game.